Saturday, June 30, 2007

Miracle Workers 1

This week was VBS at Olive Springs. I worked with a team of 4 amazing adults to teach the 5th and 6th grade class. We had about 22 kids each night!

We split the kids up into 5 teams. I was the coach of Miracle Workers 1 (they chose the name!!!). I had a great time getting to know my group of 6 amazing girls. I taught them about Jesus, how to obey God and was able to share my story of coming to Christ with them. It was exciting telling them how God called me to be His child 16 years ago at VBS. Then later that night I got to help a precious girl, Dwymesha, step into God's family. It was an amazing moment. Sixteen years ago Clara Winchester did that for me and now here I am continuing the process. God's kingdom is amazing. He is working.

The really cool thing about all of this is the Dwymesha lives in the apartments where we are doing Kids Club. She didn't know about it, but now she will be coming every week. This gives me like 6 more weeks to continue our relationship and to get to know her family. I am excited to see where this connection leads.

It was an exhausting but wonderful week, 144 kids all total, almost 100 of them from the community. God is continuing to grow my love for the children in this community.

2 comments:

tanya said...

hey friend, here's the deal - i'm sitting on a bed in tanzania, catching up on my friend's blog - and tearing up b/c i just read yours. this story aboutdwymesha and clara rocks my world. God is doing good things, all over the world...

Anonymous said...

Is there any chance you lived in Enterprise, Kansas when you were a little girl? Audrey's mom